Friday, August 20, 2010

Selling the bus...

I've been working hard on ideas for for my bus & finding that I have the wrong bus for my project. It's beautiful and unique, but I keep wanting to plant windows in different spots and want a square shape for the ceiling. I've sat on the idea for 2 months that I should sell this vehicle and get a different one, and I keep coming to the conclusion that it is time for me to get something more suitable for my design.

So, here it is... I'm selling the beast. for $2,000

Here's the skinny:

Details:
1978 International Harvester
V8 D-150 Diesel Engine
Alison Detroit Transmition AT540
83,000+ mileage
5,300 hours on Hobs meter
Hydrolic braking system
Drivers seat only (no other seats)
It looks like it was a 28 seat thing.
There are 3 windows on each side with the middle area without windows.
About 7 1/2 feet wide, 13 feet tall, and 27 feet long (20 ft from back of drivers seat to back door)
Aluminum body married to a steal floor
New alternator
Collectors vehicle license plates

As for the recent progress in making her a happy machine, I got together with a friend who has worked as a mechanical engineer and electrician on boats, buses, and all sorts of crazy rigs to make sure this is in great shape for it's new owner. We changed the oil and got it running quite smoothly. I even took the thing for a drive across Seattle to the dump to get rid of the flooring I tore out from a couple posts ago. It was fun to see all the heads turning by pedestrians and drivers alike. Haha! I even passed a group of guys dressed in military outfits that couldn't help but smile. I'm going to miss driving by those puzzled and surprised facial expressions.

Also, I finished painting the floor, and put the seat, heaters, posts, and little random things all back to their rightful positions. It looks all shiny and new on the inside.













1 comment: